Author Topic: 2 handed backhand Review  (Read 10165 times)

Quest

• View Profile
2 handed backhand Review
« on: March 01, 2019, 09:29:30 pm »
Hey still loving the site, tons of content and takes some time to work through - hopefully it's still a side project for you.  Question, do you give tips/suggestions? If so, could you give some suggestions on my two handed backhand?

https://youtu.be/caR2T2YVJRA

ctphelps

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 handed backhand Review
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 09:02:43 am »
Wow!  Your backhand is fantastic!  Your footwork is excellent - solid dynamic balance, great power wave generation.  You are getting a good snap in the load phase so you should be generating plenty of control and spin, and you always seem to find the sweet spot of the racket face.  So, stroke good! I am presuming you are holding the racket with nice soft hands (no death grips allowed!)
As for tweaks you could play with:
  • for a little more power you could experiment with delaying the moment of contact few milliseconds longer to take the ball a little less in front
  • again for power experiment with a  more open stance especially when hitting crosscourt
  • for control and spin a tiny bit more counterrotation just before the load (drive) phase to set your forearm muscles (back then forth)

If none of these helps MARKEDLY then don't change a thing.  There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the physics of your stroke - Nadal would be proud!

Quest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 05:17:13 pm »
Many thanks! I'll try to put these tips into action - soft hands is a must, and a bit more power is exactly what i was looking for.  I've give your tips a whirl and see how it goes, keep up the good work with the site! It's super informative

Mortsnets

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 10:49:28 pm »
I don't see a seperate unit turn.

etbandung

• View Profile
    • Kursus Bahasa Inggris Bisnis
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 01:56:40 am »
great posture i hope you could show us more freestyle that would be awesome !